We're all about your smile journey
We’re committed to providing thoughtful and attentive care for our patients, from the first appointment to the last. We want you to feel understood and at ease at every point of the process. As a member of the DRO family, you should always feel comfortable to reach out with any questions, concerns, hellos, or knock-knock jokes you may have.
What can I eat?
We want to provide all the information you need to make your braces experience easy and fun. Here’s a list of foods that are good and not so good for you braces. Remember to brush, floss, and check your braces daily for any concerns. If questions come up at any point, don’t hesitate to ask us anything at all.
- Hard, crunchy foods: popcorn, nuts, hard chips, hard tacos and hard candy
- Sticky, chewy foods: caramel, taffy, tootsie rolls, gummy bears, starbursts
- Bagels and hard rolls
- Soda, sports drinks, fruit drinks: limit frequency of sugary drinks to once a week at most
- Chewing on: ice, pens, pencils, fingernails
- Snacking on: sugary treats
- Apples, pears, pickles: be sure to cut them into thin wedges or small bite sizes pieces first though
- Pizza: although the crust should be avoided
- Drink: lots of water!
- Corn: as long as it's off the cob
- Chicken wings, ribs: must be off the bone though
- Carrots: enjoy them steamed or boiled so they are easier to chew
- Mouth guard: wear it for any sport where you could be bumped in the face
Working towards rewards
What’s life with braces without a little fun? At DRO, we have a patient rewards program to make sure there are always some little wins on the way to your new smile.